Venture Capital Analyst
This opportunity will allow the right candidate to quickly apply and develop a broad skillset and materially expand their responsibilities within Navitas over time.
Requiring both quantitative and qualitative skills, the analyst will evaluate markets, research investment opportunities and produce industry leading market research and segment landscapes to support the firm’s investment themes and its partner’s market intelligence needs. A Navitas analyst will gain immediate exposure to all phases of the venture investment process, including sourcing, underwriting, and monitoring the firm’s investments. They will also prepare investment memos and due diligence reports. In this high performance, high collaboration work environment and based on their development, there will be opportunities for the analyst to work with our limited partners and portfolio companies, making the ability to develop and maintain relationships based on responsiveness, trust and creativity vital to development at the firm.
- Prepare market landscape reports to support the firm’s investment themes and provide market intelligence to our partners
- Evaluate investment opportunities and engage with real estate companies to identify technology and innovation opportunities
- Prepare comprehensive and concise written materials, including investment memoranda, company and portfolio reporting
- Maintain and develop networks in the real estate technology space to source and conduct due diligence on new investment opportunities
- Analyze company business plans and financial data during due diligence
- Ad-Hoc projects and other operational activities as needed
Who We’re Looking For:
- Demonstrated ability to work in a high-performance team-based work environment
- Able to build relationships founded on integrity, professionalism, and trust
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills (PowerPoint, investment memorandums, research reports or presentations.)
- Strong data and financial modeling skills (e.g. Excel, Argus, Alteryx)
- Proactive, highly organized, detail oriented, collaborative, autonomous
- Humility, thirst for knowledge, intellectual curiosity, creative thinking, no job too small attitude
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience
- Venture capital, private equity, management consulting, investment banking, real estate or similar experience preferred
- Experience sourcing deals and conducting due diligence on early-stage technology companies a plus
Compensation & Benefits:
Base salary, performance-based bonus, generous healthcare + other benefits
If interested, please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.